Friday, October 5, 2012

Title: Letter From the Editor Intern:
What does it mean? Steady Moon Press (SMP)?

As its only Intern - I haven't really gotten around to asking myself, or its creator, Amanda, what it means. But having been with SMP for a quarter of a year I think I've figured it out.

Steady: It hasn't been that long folks. It hasn't been that long since the dreams of an upstart publishing company have come to realization. Amanda has been working very hard (in the fashion of The Little Engine that Could) compiling this book. Most may not know it, but compiling an anthology requires a hefty amount of sifting


(Read. Consult. Edit. Re-read. Re-edit. Reconvene. Re-re-read.) required.


It takes effort to make the image in your mind become a reality.

But I would say that this is a steady process.

Moon: I think of Neil Armstrong, low gravity, and night time.

None of these things really have to do with SMP or our steady process; no, I think the moon part is an indication of the mid-night oil being burned getting this shuttle ready for take-off. (alright, enough with the analogies).

Press: Well this is obvious, do I need to spell it out for you guys?
We're publishing a book.

Stay Tuned for More, Folks,
Juan (SMP's lone-wolf Intern)

No comments:

Post a Comment